AR500 Armor® Lightweight 11” x 14” Level III+ ALSC Body Armor
AR500 Armor® Lightweight Level III+ Body Armor is the pinnacle of evolution in steel body armor; the result of breaking down barriers through innovation and dedication to providing the ultimate ballistic steel core body armor. Genetically similar to our standard level III+ ballistic core, we’ve taken our re-engineered formula which yields a 30% increase in strength, and made it thinner and lighter. The result is an evolved form of steel body armor, and an industry first ballistic steel core chest plate weighing in at just over 6.5lb, in our extra large 11” x 14” patented Advanced Lightweight Shooters Cut (ALSC).
Not only is our Lightweight Level III+ body armor the lightest steel body armor on the market, it’s also the thinnest measuring in with a core thickness of only .21”. The ultra-thin profile improves comfort when shouldering a rifle and reduces overall bulk of your gear. Our Advanced Lightweight Shooters Cut (ALSC) provides protection of your vitals with strategic material reduction in locations to mitigate bulk, reduce weight, and improve ergonomics and function. Our ALSC is slightly undersized on the horizontal axis to ensure compatibility with all plate carriers.
AR500 Armor® level III+ lightweight body armor is capable of defeating 5.56x45 M193, 5.56x45 M855/SS109, 7.62x39 (AK), and 7.62x51 M80 Ball (.308 Winchester) rounds. Independent and in-house testing has shown our armor well exceeds standard level III threats; our philosophy has always been to over deliver! Coated with industry leading PAXCON (a division of Line-X) spall and fragmentation protective coating.Features:
- Lightweight weight level III+ steel body armor in the industry
- Patented New Advanced Lightweight Shooters Cut (ALSC)
- 11” x 14” body armor will fit in Plate Carriers capable of accepting up to Medium and Large SAPI plates
- Outlasts Ceramic, Dyneema, and UHMWPE constructed body armor
- Rugged, Reliable, and Stress Fracture Resistant
- Multi-Hit capable and Stand-Alone
- PAXCON (Line-X) Military grade anti-spall & fragmentation protective coating
- Fully sealed design protects from Liquids, Chemicals, and Harsh Elements
- Certification, Independent, and In-House Ballistic Resistant Testing & Quality Control
- Maintenance Free
- 0.21” Ultra low profile ballistic core
- Weight 6.5lbs (+/- 5% due to PAXCON coating)
- Available Flat or Curved and with or without additional PAXCON Line-X Build Up
- 100% Made in the USA
We proudly offer AR500's entire catalog. If you don't see what you need, please contact us.