AR500 Armor® 6" x 6" III+ Side Body Armor
AR500 Armor® Level Side Body Armor is capable of defeating higher level rifle threats and offers enhanced ballistic protection against 5.56x45 M193, 5.56x45 M855/SS109 up to 3,100 feet per second, and 7.62x51 M80 Ball (.308) rifle threats up to 3,000 feet per second, and 7.62x51 AP (Black Tip) up to 2,800 feet per second! We accomplish this without sacrificing the weight or profile of our body armor! Weighing in at 2.5lb our 6" x 6" model maintains our same ultra-thin ballistic core of only .26". We utilize an improved ultra-high hard ballistic steel core, treated to AR500 Armor® specifications to maintain all benefits that our ballistic steel body armor is known for; multi-hit capability, shelf life, and stress fracture resistance!
Side armor offers increased protection on your side, and are typically attached to your cummerbund. In addition, our side plate body armor will fit many "trauma plate" pockets found on traditional BALCS & SPEER cut body armor offering increased protection of your heart.Features:
- Level III+ Threat protection!
- 6” x 6” side body armor will fit most industry standard side plate pouches
- Outlasts Ceramic, Dyneema, and UHMWPE constructed body armor
- Rugged, Reliable, and Stress Fracture Resistant
- Multi-Hit capable and Stand-Alone
- PAXCON (Line-X) Military grade anti-spall & fragmentation protective coating
- Fully sealed design protects from Liquids, Chemicals, and Harsh Elements
- Certification, Independent, and In-House Ballistic Resistant Testing & Quality Control
- Maintenance Free
- 0.26” Ultra low profile ballistic core
- Weight 2.5lbs (+/- 5% due to PAXCON coating)
- Available Flat or Curved and with or without additional PAXCON Line-X Build Up
- 100% Made in the USA
We proudly offer AR500's entire catalog. If you don't see what you need, please contact us.